shen{anna}gans

16.2.11

{411}

I'm 36 weeks...and I feel like this:

(Jabba the Hut from Star Wars, duh!)

We had our weekly appointment this a.m. and got a little surprise. No Ava Kate is not a boy! She's just very stubborn and is BREECHED! Dr. Stands assured us it's no big deal and gave us a few options - 1) The doctors can try a 'version', which they try and push and move the baby from the outside of my belly themselves next week at my next appointment. Dr. Stands said this had a 50/50 chance of working. 2) Wait and see if she moves herself, which he said was very unlikely due to her size and my size. 3) Schedule an elective C-section. We opted for an elective C-section. Chad and I both feel this is the safest route to go. So we scheduled a C-section for March 10! This could all change though, if she decides to move head down. They're checking me each week, even on the C-section date.

When we got to the car, Chad and I had a mini freak out. It wasn't because we were afraid of me having a C-section, it was because we have a real date now. I think it just hit us all at once that we are officially having a baby on March 10, 2011.

I also wanted say that I totally knew AK was breeched. Cayce can vouch for me. The funny thing is that for the last two visits they checked her position and told me she was ready to go! But, her kicks and jabs don't feel like she's head down, plus I have this round knot under my ribs...her head! So I asked Dr. Stands today and when he checked he said he couldn't tell. Hmm. So he went and got an oooold ultrasound machine and sure enough her little head is right under my ribs.

And that's how my 4 week wait turned into a 3 week wait! I will definitely keep you posted on this new and slightly shorter journey!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bush said...

Hahaha I'm calling you Jabba for the remainder of your pregnancy. Also, you should have totally scheduled the C-section for the 11th.

February 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

OMG!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! Mommies always know best...one day maybe doctors will learn this!! AMERS!!!!!!!

February 17, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home