shen{anna}gans

21.5.11

{Oh, hey, remember us?}

We're gonna give this blogging business another good ole' college try. I don't quite know what I do with all of my 'extra' time, but it isn't blogging. Taking care of a Seeber (What's that? A fancy new nickname? Why yes it is, and I'll tell you about it later) has been taking up a large portion of it. The rest of it, I can't tell ya.
Ava Kate is the best baby in. the. world. Seriously. She's perfect. From her head (yes, she still has a head full of crazy hair!) to her little seeber toes. Check out the cute tutu picture up there if you don't believe me.
Big girl had her 2 month check up on the 9th (our 2 year anniversary!). Ava Kate weighs 10 lbs and 8.5 oz (50%). She's 22.75 in long (75%). Dr. Bonnett said she's perfect (duh) and she's growing right on schedule and meeting her developmental milestones. She also had her first set of shots. I cried, Chad cried, the baby cried. Chad even took the day off! She was fine the day of, but that night and the rest of the week she was a grumpy little Seeber. We go back in July for her 4 month check up and more of those nasty shots. :(
Ava Kate is a grinning fool! She's really a very happy little baby. She even wakes up in the morning in a good mood. Um, and she didn't get that from me! Although, I've been very pleasant with this whole no sleeping schedule. But, I digress. She LURVES to sit up and look around, and she's starting to pull herself up in a sitting position. And she likes to 'stand up'. We tried her in her bouncy swing, but she's not quite ready yet. Ava Kate is thisclose to rolling over. I think a few more times on the play mat and she'll have it! She's not a little baby anymore! :( Haha, and she isn't liking her paci much these days. She found her fingers. That, she got from her daddy.
We've been doing lots. We went on our first vacation to Lake Keowee over Easter. We took our first boat ride and we've been swimming! The girl loves the water! I was a liiiitle bit worried about water at first. She hated baths. But now she loves them and splashes around and makes a great big huge mess. I'm really glad she's a little fish, since we're always at the lake. Next summer will be a lot of fun! And even more fun, her bff Evie just got a pool! Seriously. She just texted me. Cayce, not Evie.
Aaaaand the nickname...Seeber (or Seebs, Seebie, Seeberton, Seebie Weavie. You get the picture). Here's the story, morning glory: We were keeping David and Braxton (who also think they're Ava Kate's big brothers :) ) and David pulls up his sleeve, points to his zebra tattoo and says, "It's a seeber". He thought he was preeetty cool. We always joke about seebers, and it just so happens Ava Kate was wearing a striped outfit in the hospital, so Scootie called her a little seeber. And it stuck!
I've been back at work for 3 weeks now, and today was the first day I wasn't late...I think. Haha. I honestly don't know how people leave the house with more than one kid. I, personally, can't get myself ready on time. Chad was actually out of town my first week back, and no lie, I got up at 6:00 every morning and was still 30 minutes late at 8:30. But, together we're turning mornings into a fine tuned machine. Ok, ok. Not a fine tuned machine, but it's a lot less of the hot mess express it was! We're even less than 5 minutes late to church. I do understand you can see the church from our house, but that is not the point.
I'm going to go ahead and make my empty promise of blogging more often. I am going to try. Really.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home