shen{anna}gans

22.9.10

{say hello to FALL, summer's cooler cousin}

It's the first day of fall...except it still feels a little bit like summer outside! Fall is my absolute FAVORITE season! A friend of mine, Ashley, over at Image to Impact posted her favorite things about fall. I'm going to take a page out of her book (blog) and do the same!

I luuuurve...

...the weather! The air is so crisp and it just smells so good! Having all the windows (36!) in the house makes my heart happy and our walks are much more pleasurable when you don't heatstroke after a few steps! :)

...decorating! Secretly my fall/Halloween decorations have been up since late August. I couldn't help it! They were all inside in the privacy of my own home, but now they're outside too! I'll post some of my decorations tomorrow...I've got to put a few finishing touches on some things! I especially love my fall candles! Farmer's Market from Yankee Candle is delicious! And anything pumpkin spice or caramel!

...the colors! All those deep, rich reds, oranges, browns and yellows are B-E-A-UTIFUL!

...fall foods! I love mountain apples and pumpkins and root vegetable! One of my family's favorite things to do in the fall is take day trips to the farmer's market in Asheville. They have great looking produce, warm fresh baked bread and amazing cheeses! All homemade! Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks are well worth the wait and breakfast for dinner is a fall favorite for me, but REALLY a favorite for Chad!

...day trips to the mountains! My parents drive up ALL THE TIME just to visit and picnic in the mountains. I love getting calls early in the morning saying, "Hey! We're driving up to the mountains, be ready in an hour!" Here are a few pictures from one of last year's trips:


...the clothes! As much as I love sundresses, I love sweaters and scarves just as much! Since I'll be pretty pregnant when the weather is cooler, I'll be living in those great sweater dresses, tights and cute boots or flats! I also like fall fingernail polish!

...college football! Go Cocks! Need I say more?? Nothing's better than a crisp fall night tailgate with great friends! And of course your team winning!

...the holidays! Halloween and Thanksgiving are two of my favorite holidays, and paired with Christmas, you've got my favorite trio! Halloween is so whimsical and magical to me! I love the spooky ghouls and ghosts and lore! I love my family and having us all under the same roof is the best feeling ever! We had Thanksgiving at our house last year, and it went so well, I think I'll host again this year!

What are your favorite things about your favorite season??

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home